All Aboard! Announcing Dates For MIR’s 2018 Rail Journeys by Private Train
Nothing compares to the romance of train travel, especially on a rail journey by private train.
And because it’s never too early to get a jumpstart on your travel plans, we’ve just released 2018 dates for all of MIR’s rail journeys by private train, making it even easier to take advantage of special savings offers, pick the routes, departure dates and cabins you want (before they sell out), and let the planning process from beginning to end be as smooth as possible.
Early Booking Savings!
2018 Tours at 2017 PricesThrough May 31st, 2017, you can book select 2018 rail journeys by private train or small group tours at the 2017 price (more info). Book Now and Save $500Book any 2018 rail journey by private train before May 31, 2017 and save $500 (more info). More Special OffersSee all of MIR’s current special offers for rail journeys by private train (more info).
Contact our dedicated travel specialists for more details on any tour you’re interested in.
Legendary Routes, Convenient Comfort
Comfortable accommodations with modern amenities; abundant food, wine, and entertainment; and superb service on board the train combine to create an unforgettable journey that can take you through dozens of fascinating and diverse destinations along the rails, with no time wasted packing and unpacking from your stylish home-on-the-go.
Every one of our stellar rail journeys by private train, from the classic Trans-Siberian route to a range of extraordinary expeditions through Central Asia, China and beyond, is well-planned and comprehensive in scope, giving you freedom to relax knowing that all the logistics and small details have already been taken care of for you.
Our impressive menu of rail journeys can take you through many of MIR’s core destinations: along the Trans-Siberian Railway, up to the Russian Arctic, along the Silk Route, and through the South Caucasus, Southern Europe and the Balkans.
New Year’s in Vienna by Private Train
Enjoy the pleasures of Old World rail travel, as you glide in style on a circular route from Budapest, Hungary, where layer upon layer of civilizations have flowered and faded, and on to a date with a brilliant New Year’s celebration in magnificent Vienna, Austria. Continue through green and friendly Slovakia, stopping in the medieval city of Kosice, declared a European Capital of Culture in 2013, and ultimately arriving back where you started, in beautiful Budapest.
Encounter four countries and five UNESCO World Heritage Sites along the rails as you:
- See the sights in Hungary’s capital, Budapest; built in the grand style of the Habsburgs, Budapest has a legacy of fine baroque, neoclassical and art nouveau buildings.
- Celebrate New Year’s Eve in Vienna, dancing the Viennese Waltz at a champagne reception in a local palais, and watching the jubilant fireworks burst over Austria’s capital city.
- Make a stop in UNESCO-listed Cesky Krumlov, a small, beautifully preserved medieval town rich with historic architecture from the 14th to 17th centuries.
- Admire the 30 baroque statues gracing Prague’s 14th century Charles Bridge, in use for nearly five and a half centuries.
View or download the detailed itinerary for more information on the New Year’s in Vienna rail journey by private train.
Trans-Siberian BAM Explorer with Naadam Festival: Vladivostok to UlaanBaatar via the BAM Route
The seldom-traveled Baikal-Amur Magistral (BAM for short) rolls through some of the most remote, roadless taiga in the country, crossing dramatic mountains and miles of glorious, unspoiled scenery. Roll through the heart of the Siberian outback on this unusual journey, stopping at former imperial outposts, cities built by Cossack fur traders and political exiles, and little towns assembled in the 1970s for railroad workers. Then head south to UlaanBaatar, the capital of Mongolia, to celebrate the “three skills of man” – archery, horse racing and wrestling – at the country’s favorite festival, Naadam.
Check off these amazing and rare experiences from your bucket list as you:
- Travel where Trans-Siberian passengers rarely go – through thick taiga forests, mountains and tundra in the sparsely populated region north of the classic route on the BAM (Baikal-Amur Magistral) Route.
- Make a village visit to enjoy a home cooked meal and hear the powerful centuries-old songs of Old Believers, learning about their unique history and traditions.
- Breathe in the astounding beauty of UNESCO-listed Lake Baikal, a lake so vast that locals call it “the sea.”
- Cheer on the school-age jockeys, traditional wrestlers and keen-eyed archers at the Naadam Festival.
View or download the detailed itinerary for more information on the Trans-Siberian BAM Explorer with Naadam Festival rail journey by private train.
Travel with MIR on a 2018 Rail Journey by Private Train
MIR is an award-winning company with over 30 years of travel experience in this area of the world, as well as affiliate offices in Siberia, Western Russia and Uzbekistan, providing a superior edge in on-the-ground operations.
MIR makes it easy to discover incredible destinations with ease on all of its private rail journeys. Each train departure features modern comforts and amenities, and allows travelers to easily and efficiently cover thousands of miles across multiple time zones.
Need more reasons to ride the rails with MIR? Be sure to take advantage of these special offers, running for a limited time:
- 2018 Tours at the 2017 Price: From now through May 31st, 2017, you can book select 2018 rail journeys by private train and small group tours at the 2017 price (more info).
- Early Booking Discount: Save $500 per person when you book a 2018 rail journey by private train by May 31, 2017 (more info).
- Booking multiple trips with MIR? Book two scheduled group tours and save $100 per person, per tour (more info).
- Traveling solo on a rail journey by private train aboard the Golden Eagle?
Give us a call at 1-800-424-7289 or email us to talk with one of our experts about your rail travel dreams. With so many rail journeys available and fabulous special savings offers to boot, one of them is sure to fit your style, schedule and budget.
(Top Photo: Blue on blue: Riding the famous Trans-Siberian Railway over a Lake Baikal inlet in Siberia.)
PUBLISHED: April 20, 2017