Employment Opportunities with MIR Corporation
Thank you for our interest in our company. During the past 27 years MIR has built a reputation as a leader in pioneering travel to destinations (from Tibet to Tehran and everyplace in between) considered obscure, exotic, remote, difficult and even controversial. MIR (from the Russian word meaning both "peace" and "world") specializes in bringing people together to discover more about the world and, consequently, about themselves.
Since 1986, MIR Corporation has been guiding travelers across Russia aboard the Trans-Siberian Railway, along the Silk Road, to St. Petersburg and beyond. MIR destination experts design imaginative trips that take travelers far from the familiar and work closely with local affiliates in Western Russia, Siberia, Ukraine and Uzbekistan to carry them out.
MIR has twice been named one of National Geographic Adventure's "Best Adventure Travel Companies on Earth," and is a preferred operator for museum, alumni and special interest organizations across the U.S., and a preferred ground operator for tour operators in Europe, North America and New Zealand.
If you think you fit the profile, we would like to hear from you.
We are currently accepting resumes for the following positions:
Tour Manager - Field Positions [Select 2014 Assignments Available]
[Seeking experienced resident leaders from the Balkans: Bulgaria, Romania, Croatia, Montenegro, Macedonia, Albania; and from China with experience in Western China & Tibet]
MIR has an on-going need for qualified tour managers. Our positions require flexibility as travel dates are based on our group tour calendar.
- Extensive experience in one or more of our destinations in a tour leading, work, travel or study capacity.
- Ability to speak one or more destination country language is required (Russian is the single most useful language as it is spoken in the majority of the countries we specialize in).
- The ability to introduce Western travelers to the fascinating cultures of Eurasia, and to facilitate meaningful interaction between local people and travelers.
- Friendly, energetic and able to gracefully and comfortably interact with a wide variety of personality types.
- Common sense, the ability to think on one's feet and the ability to confidently take charge should unexpected difficulties be encountered.
- First aid training
- Minimum two years tour leading experience
Qualified applicants may forward the following items to email@example.com:
- Letter of interest over viewing travel experiences in MIR's destinations
- Resume with previous salary history