Employment Opportunities with MIR Corporation
Thank you for our interest in our company. During the past 27 years MIR has built a reputation as a leader in pioneering travel to destinations (from Tibet to Tehran and everyplace in between) considered obscure, exotic, remote, difficult and even controversial. MIR (from the Russian word meaning both "peace" and "world") specializes in bringing people together to discover more about the world and, consequently, about themselves.
Since 1986, MIR Corporation has been guiding travelers across Russia aboard the Trans-Siberian Railway, along the Silk Road, to St. Petersburg and beyond. MIR destination experts design imaginative trips that take travelers far from the familiar and work closely with local affiliates in Western Russia, Siberia, Ukraine and Uzbekistan to carry them out.
MIR has twice been named one of National Geographic Adventure's "Best Adventure Travel Companies on Earth," and is a preferred operator for museum, alumni and special interest organizations across the U.S., and a preferred ground operator for tour operators in Europe, North America and New Zealand.
If you think you fit the profile, we would like to hear from you.
We are currently accepting resumes for the following positions:
The Administrative Assistant's role is to provide general administrative support to a very busy team. Learn about the day-to-day operations of a highly specialized international adventure travel company and interact with an international staff that supports a sophisticated clientele.
Work to be performed includes (but is not limited to): general office support in a very fast-paced, deadline-driven environment; daily catalog/materials fulfillment; office supplies/machines management; incoming mail and reservation processing; data entry into FilemakerPro databases; maintenance of pricing databases; mailing list maintenance; materials inventory management; light phone reception; courier runs for FedEx, bank, post office; preparation and assembly of pre- and post-travel documentation packets; tech support liaison; miscellaneous special projects involving research, scanning, data entry, proofreading, website content entry and other projects that make everyone else's life easier!
This is an entry-level, full-time position with benefits: 40 hour/week, Mon-Fri, 8:30am-5:30pm.
- 1-2 years previous administrative experience in an office setting
- Must enjoy a desk/computer job
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Cheerful, confident self-starter who enjoys helping others
- Ability to learn quickly and respond to changing situations in a flexible manner
- Ability to prioritize, be accurate (follow directions to the letter) and work independently in a self-managed role
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills allowing for diplomatic, professional interaction with a wide variety of people
- Computer proficiency with Mac OS X, Microsoft Office and Filemaker Pro database
- Office machine proficiency: telephones, fax, copier, postage meter, and Apple computers
- College degree; excellent grammar and English language ability
- Familiarity with MIR's destinations and strong interest in Russia, Central Asia, East Europe a definite plus
Qualified applicants may forward their resume, references and cover letter to email@example.com
MIR has an on-going need for qualified tour managers. Our positions require flexibility as travel dates are based on our group tour calendar.
- Extensive experience in one or more of our destinations in a tour leading, work, travel or study capacity.
- Ability to speak one or more destination country language is required (Russian is the single most useful language as it is spoken in the majority of the countries we specialize in).
- The ability to introduce Western travelers to the fascinating cultures of Eurasia, and to facilitate meaningful interaction between local people and travelers.
- Friendly, energetic and able to gracefully and comfortably interact with a wide variety of personality types.
- Common sense, the ability to think on one's feet and the ability to confidently take charge should unexpected difficulties be encountered.
- First aid training
- Minimum two years tour leading experience
Qualified applicants may forward the following items to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Letter of interest over viewing travel experiences in MIR's destinations
- Resume with previous salary history