MIR in the News: The New York Times, LA Times, Luxury Travel Magazine and more
As experts in travel to Central Asia, Russia, Mongolia and beyond, it’s always gratifying when word of our tours and destinations is noticed and shared. Here are some of MIR’s recent mentions in the press:
- MIR Private Journeys Specialist and Western Russia expert, Olga Hayes, was quoted in a LA Times story on the world’s most impressive clocks that featured Moscow’s Spasskaya Tower in Red Square.
- Global Traveler’s article, “Go Deep into Russia’s Landscape,” highlights MIR’s Insider’s Russia: Moscow & St. Petersburg Rediscovered small group tour.
- The Chicago Tribune travel section recently mentioned MIR’s small group tour, Christmas Traditions of Poland.
- MIR’s Annie Lucas is quoted in the Iran section in a NY Times article, “Unesco World Heritage Sites 2017 Picks Range From Eritrea to England.” The article was also picked up in the Malaysian Times, Channel News Asia, and the Tehran Times.
- Annie Lucas also spoke with the online news outlet, Mic, about the perceptions of traveling to Iran, in “Travel in the age of fear.”
Patricia Schultz, travel enthusiast and author of 1,000 Places to See Before You Die, was recently a special host on one of MIR’s signature small group tours, Balkan Odyssey: Crossroads of Culture. She shared some of her impressions of the tour with the publishers of her renowned travel books, Workman Publishing:
There is…much that is abuzz, with a bevy of small capital cities whose cultural and nighttime scenes thrive and even flourish. A drive along the glistening Adriatic shore reveals long stretches of unspoiled and (for the moment) undeveloped coastline where a growing number of celebrity-magnet hot spots foretell the future.
But there is still time to visit this ancient crossroads between Byzantium and Western Europe before everyone else does. Balkan hospitality is legendary and travelers can safely explore its dramatic interior and abundance of history.
- LA Times, Luxury Travel Magazine & Recommend Magazine featured MIR’s A Special Journey to Remote Franz Josef Land special tour.
(click on photo to see larger version)
Top Photo: Red Square at night; Photo credit: Jonathan Irish
PUBLISHED: November 2, 2017