5 Tips for Travel to Iran: Listen to MIR’s Martin Klimenta interviewed on NPR
One of MIR’s stellar tour managers, Martin Klimenta, shared 5 tips on traveling to Iran in an interview aired on a Seattle NPR affiliate station. Martin, a Czech national who has been with MIR since the 1990s, has led a number of tours to Iran since 2001, and has fallen in love with the country.
“[Iran is] full of color, it’s full of smells, it’s full of good food, it’s full of good music, it’s full of incredible, ancient Persian culture. The people are super-friendly. They approach Americans, and are excited to see Americans. Every time we walk in the bazaars … we are surrounded by people who are excited, and want to talk to us.”
His short interview, complete with his vivid descriptions of some of the fabulous Persian sites he’s been to, is available for listening on KNKX’s website (formerly named KPLU).
There are endless wonderful sites and experiences in Iran, and three ways to travel through this enigmatic country with MIR:
1. Explore Iran on a small group tour
2. Traverse Iran on a rail journey by private train
- Jewels of Persia by Private Train, between Budapest and Tehran (eastbound / westbound)
- NEW! Heart of Persia by Private Train, around and about Iran
- NEW! Legendary Turkey & Persia by Private Train, between Istanbul and Isfahan (eastbound / westbound)
3. Focus exclusively on Iran on a custom and private journey
MIR’s Private Journeys department has the expertise and experience to design a custom, one-of-a-kind itinerary for you, your family or your group of friends.
Or, select our Essential Iran trip – a suggested independent itinerary available on a private departure basis with your choice of dates.
(click on photo to see larger version)
(Top photo: Martin in Maidan-e Nagsh-e Jahan, also known as Imam Square. Located in the center of Isfahan, it is one of the largest urban squares in the world. Photo credit: Martin Klimenta)
PUBLISHED: February 19, 2015