MIR has an on-going need for qualified tour managers. Our positions require flexibility as travel dates are based on our group tour calendar.
- Extensive experience in one or more of our destinations in a tour leading, work, travel or study capacity.
- Ability to speak one or more destination country language (Russian is the single most useful language as it is spoken in the majority of the countries we specialize in).
- The ability to introduce Western travelers to the fascinating cultures of Eurasia, and to facilitate meaningful interaction between local people and travelers.
- A friendly and energetic personality, and the ability to gracefully and comfortably interact with a wide variety of personality types.
- Common sense, the ability to think on one’s feet and the ability to confidently take charge should unexpected difficulties be encountered.
- First aid training.
- Minimum two years tour leading experience.
- Particularly interested in leaders with prior experience in the Balkans, China, Tibet, Iran, South Caucasus
Qualified applicants may forward the following items to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Letter of interest summarizing travel experiences in MIR’s destinations.
- Resume with previous salary history.
PUBLISHED: May 16, 2012