We are a very busy team of hard-working travel professionals who are passionate about designing award-winning trips and marketing materials and delivering top-drawer service, and seek same. We’re located in quirky Pioneer Square in one of the city’s oldest buildings with tall ceilings and a funky charm and above a famous guitar store (yes some of us hear impromptu concerts).
We are seeking an individual interested in learning about the day-to-day operations of a highly specialized entrepreneurial-oriented adventure travel company and who will value working directly with the company owners and sales/business development executives to learn all about MIR’s destinations at the crossroads of Europe & Asia…
You will interact with a well-traveled, internationally-minded staff that designs the dream trips of a sophisticated clientele (we have some very cool clients doing very cool custom trips designed by us, in addition to our adventurous scheduled trips…how about driving your own Land Rover around the five ‘Stans for 75 days — just check out our website including the blog for more stories on our trips);
What will your days be like? It’s never a dull moment around here. You will have responsibility over a significant number of trip departures, managing behind-the-scene trip logistics as well as helping people prepare for their journeys. Areas of focus of this position include (but are not limited to):
- Destination and Itinerary Expertise;
- Sales & Sales Support;
- Client Pre-Departure Service;
- Tour Program Development & Budgeting;
- Tour Operations Management.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have firsthand travel experience in, and a passion for, MIR’s core destinations (Central Asia/Silk Route, East Europe, Russia, China);
- Be extremely detail oriented, flexible but a stickler for accuracy and organization;
- Be able to work independently with minimal oversight and capable of meeting constant deadlines;
- Possess exceptional written and oral business communication skills as well as excellent grammar and English language ability;
- Have demonstrated experience building relationships, possess a self-assured and energetic telephone presence and be willing to do whatever it takes to get the job done;
- Have two-five years of customer service/tour operations (in a for-profit setting preferred);
- Have solid computer skills on the Mac platform plus effective use of Microsoft Office Word/Excel.
A degree in international studies, international tourism, or related background a plus.
This is a full-time office position in Seattle (M-F 8:30am-5:30pm), with comprehensive benefits; salary DOE. This position may involve travel to MIR’s destinations up to 2-4 weeks/year, depending on experience.
Only submissions via email to firstname.lastname@example.org and accompanied by a cover letter and references will be considered — thank you for your understanding.
Please label your email subject line: TOUR SPECIALIST
No calls please. Thank you for your interest!
PUBLISHED: April 10, 2019