Passionate about international travel to places like Central Asia, East Europe, Russia, and China? Award-winning travel firm seeks a curious, enthusiastic and positive individual with professional and persuasive communication skills, superior time management and attention to detail to provide personalized consultations, make sales and manage reservations of MIR scheduled group tours and custom private journeys in our Seattle headquarters team.
We are a very busy team of hard-working travel professionals who are passionate about designing award-winning trips and marketing materials and delivering top-drawer service, and seek same. We’re located in quirky Pioneer Square in one of the city’s oldest buildings with tall ceilings and a funky charm and above a famous guitar store (yes some of us hear impromptu concerts.)
We are seeking an individual interested in learning about the day-to-day operations of a highly specialized entrepreneurial-oriented adventure travel company and who will value working directly with the company owners and sales/business development executives to learn all about MIR’s unconventional destinations at the crossroads of Europe & Asia…
You will interact with a well-traveled, internationally-minded staff that designs the dream trips of a sophisticated clientele (we have some very cool clients doing very cool custom trips designed by us).
What will your days be like? You will spend the majority of time fielding and following up on inquiries by phone, email, web and occasionally in person about MIR’s destinations and scheduled and custom trip offerings, managing reservations and closing sales. [There is no “cold calling” involved.] In addition you may have further operational responsibility for select private trips including tour program design, helping people prepare for their journeys and trip operations management.
The ideal candidate will:
- have firsthand travel experience in, and a passion for, MIR’s core destinations (Central Asia/Silk Route, Central/East Europe, Russia, China & beyond)
- be able to think on your feet while conversing with guests and answering questions
- be a clear, confident communicator with exceptional excellent grammar and English language ability who is able to write and speak persuasively and establish rapport with our sophisticated clientele
- be flexible yet extremely detail oriented and able to prioritize day-to-day activities
- be comfortable navigating multiple Mac applications and other job functions simultaneously
- be able to work harmoniously within a small team environment
- be able to adapt to a collaborative and independent workflow
- be resilient to pressure and able to juggle multiple priorities and tight timing constraints
- have two-five years of customer service and/or sales experience in a for-profit setting desired, as well as solid computer skills on the Mac platform plus effective use of Microsoft Office Word/Excel, online applications, FileMakerPro, and Pages
- have a degree in international relations, tourism, marketing, business, or communications.
- have a travel industry background (a plus)
This is a full-time salaried office position in Seattle (M-F 8:30am-5:30pm), with comprehensive benefits; salary DOE. This position may involve travel to MIR’s destinations up to 2-4 weeks/year, depending on experience.
How to apply:
We are eager to hear from you if you meet the qualifications. Submit your resume, references and a detailed cover letter for consideration to email@example.com. Please elaborate in your letter why you’re the perfect fit for MIR and this position.
Only submissions via email and accompanied by a cover letter and references will be considered — thank you for your understanding.
No phone calls please.
PUBLISHED: January 23, 2020