Interested in international affairs involving Central Asia, East Europe, Russia, China? Have strong administrative skills? Looking for something a little different? Award-winning travel firm seeks an extremely detail-oriented, reliable and friendly individual with very strong organizational/office and Mac OS X computer skills and an attitude of “willing to do whatever it takes to get the job done,” to join our Seattle team as a travel support specialist.
About the Admin Asst/Travel Support Specialist Position
We rely on the Administrative Assistant/Travel Support Specialist to provide support to our service/sales and marketing teams who are passionate about designing award-winning trips and marketing materials and delivering top-drawer service.
The Administrative Assistant/Travel Support Specialist is an internal customer service role and supports the day-to-day operations of a very fast-paced highly specialized entrepreneurial-oriented adventure travel company and its well-traveled internationally-minded staff. We’re located in quirky Pioneer Square in one of the city’s oldest buildings with tall ceilings and a funky charm and above a famous guitar store (yes, some of us hear impromptu concerts.)
Work to be performed includes, but is not limited to: general office support in a deadline-driven environment; daily catalog/materials fulfillment; incoming mail and reservation processing; tech support coordination; data entry into FilemakerPro databases; mailing list maintenance; marketing materials inventory management; preparation and assembly of pre- and post-travel documentation packets; coordinating in-office events; special projects.
This is a full-time position with benefits: Mon-Fri, 8:30am-5:30pm.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have 2+ years previous administrative experience in a busy office setting
- Enjoy a desk/computer job
- Have an exceptional attention to detail and strong time management skills as this is a largely self-managed role
- Be a cheerful, confident self-starter who enjoys helping others
- Be resilient to pressure and able to juggle multiple priorities and tight timing constraints
- Be flexible yet extremely detail oriented and able to prioritize day-to-day activities
- Be comfortable navigating multiple Mac applications and other job functions simultaneously
- Be able to work harmoniously within a small team environment
- Be able to adapt to a collaborative and independent workflow
- Have excellent interpersonal and communication skills allowing for diplomatic, professional interaction with a wide variety of people.
- Be proficient with Mac OSX, Microsoft Office and basic office machines (phones, copiers, etc.) Filemaker Pro database experience a huge plus.
- Have a college degree.
If you are qualified and interested in applying, please email the following items to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cover letter (detail interests, skills, availability, relevant connections to MIR’s destinations)
- Three references with phone numbers
Please label your email subject line: ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT/TRAVEL SUPPORT SPECIALIST
No calls please. Thank you for your interest!
PUBLISHED: July 8, 2019