A New Opportunity to Take a Journey Through Central Asia: The Five ‘Stans
Our September 12, 2016 departure has sold out so we have added a brand new 2016 departure of our popular Journey Through Central Asia: The Five ‘Stans small group tour: September 19-October 9, 2016.
- Listen to a Kazakh folk performance while dining in a traditional yurt-style restaurant.
- Attend an exciting exhibition of traditional horse games in Kyrgyzstan.
- Visit Kyrgyzstan’s second largest city, Osh, and meet with local students.
- Learn about the life and work of local silk and ceramic artisans during visits to their workshops in the rural Fergana Valley and Tashkent, Uzbekistan.
- Dine at the homes of local Uzbek families and sample traditional Central Asian dishes.
- Learn about the environmental impact of the shrinking Aral Sea from a local expert.
- Venture outside Ashgabat, Turkmenistan to visit a horse-breeding farm devoted to the renowned Akhal-Teke horse, arguably the oldest cultured breed of horse in the world.
- August 22-September 11 – limited space left
- September 12-October 2 – SOLD OUT!
- September 19-October 9 – new departure!
- October 17-November 6 – limited space left
Make your 2016 Travel Plans Now
Although our 2016 space is filling up, MIR’s team of travel specialists is at the ready to put your 2016 travel plans in motion. With nearly 30 years of unmatched travel planning experience hand-crafting tours to legendary destinations, we’re the ones to call. Starting your 2016 journey is just a phone call away.
MIR’s affiliate office in Uzbekistan and on-the-ground network can take you to places that you didn’t even know you wanted to go. Our full service, dedication, commitment to quality, and destination expertise have twice earned us a place on National Geographic Adventure’s list of “Best Adventure Travel Companies on Earth.”
- 6 small group tour itineraries:
- 5 rail journey by private train routes:
- Countless ways to explore Central Asia on a handcrafted private trip, tailored to suit your interests, dates and budget.
Contact MIR today at email@example.com or 1-800-424-7289.
Top photo: Old Town Khiva, Uzbekistan. Photo credit: Peter Guttman
PUBLISHED: April 6, 2016