MIR in the News: Chicago Tribune, The Wall Street Journal, Robb Report, Boston Globe and more
- We were very excited to have several of our destinations – Georgia, Mongolia, Bulgaria and Romania – featured on Forbes.com as picks in their “The Top Ten Travel Adventures of 2016” list.
- MIR’s new small group tour Iran Unveiled was featured in Travel Courier Magazine in their Destination: Middle East section.
- MIR Director of Sales Joanna Millick chatted with The Iran Travel Blog about her favorite parts of traveling to this misunderstood country.
- Travel Age West highlighted Iran as an up and coming travel destination in their feature “Next Stop: Travel to Iran“.
- The popular travel column “Travels with Amy” in the St. Louis Post-Dispatch featured MIR’s rail journey, The Silk Route by Private Train.
- MIR’s small group tour A Taste of Georgia: Wine Cuisine & Culture was featured on Impact Hub, a news website for Meetings, Incentives, Conference and Business Travel professionals.
- MIR’s small group tour Bulgaria & Romania: Frescoes and Fortresses was featured in the GoNomad Travel Blog.
- MIR’s small group tour Kaliningrad & the Baltics was featured in a couple publications, each highlighting unique aspects of traveling to this under-explored corner of Europe:
- “Barely Know the Baltics? Get acquainted on an immersive tour” in the Los Angeles Times
- “New Tour Features Old World Baltics” on Examiner.com
- MIR’s small group tour Russian Winter Wonderland was featured in the Boston Globe‘s “Here, There, Everywhere” column.
- Siberia was touted as the “final travel frontier” and MIR President, Douglas Grimes, listed as an expert in a Wall Street Journal article highlighting “risky” destinations.
- Examiner.com listed MIR’s small group tour Siberian Winter Escapade in an article featuring “Winter Trips for Non-skiers“
- MIR’s luxury rail journey by private train tour Arctic Explorer: Quest for the Northern Lights was featured in several publications as a “bucket list” trip:
- The Chicago Tribune called the trip the “ultimate winter journey” and an “unusual New Year’s experience”
- Robb Report listed the tour on their Luxury Newswire website
- Global Traveler, a website dedicated to luxury business travelers, featured the tour in an article titled “Experience the High North with MIR Corporation“
(click on photo to see larger version)
(Top photo: Learning to ice fish on Lake Baikal. Photo credit: Vladimir Kvashnin)
PUBLISHED: January 27, 2016