MIR in the News: Los Angeles Times, The Chicago Tribune, Condé Nast Traveler and more
- Travel writer Sophy Roberts recently visited Siberia in winter with MIR and wrote about her experience in the article, “Why You Should Travel to Siberia in Winter (Seriously).”
Roberts writes, “But while the romance is alluring, the realities of Siberia are forbidding, and require expert guidance. I find my man in Douglas Grimes, founder of the U.S.-based travel company MIR Corporation, which has 30 years’ experience in Russia.”
- Our Siberian Winter Escapade small group tour was listed in an MSN article on the “25 Best Destinations for Winter Fun.”
- MIR’s two holiday themed small group tours, Russian Winter Wonderland and Christmas Traditions of Poland, were highlighted as best holiday travel tours in The Island Now, Ocean Home and The Los Angeles Times.
- Patricia Schultz, travel enthusiast and author of 1,000 Places to See Before You Die, was recently a special host on one of MIR’s popular small group tours, Ancient Persia, Modern Iran. She mentioned Iran as one of the most “Inspiring Places to Visit in 2017” for the travel blog, McCool Travel.
- MIR’s luxury rail journey by private train, Heart of Persia, was featured in several publications including Real Iran and GoNomad.
- Photos from Patricia Schultz’s trip to Iran were featured in a gallery on the Travel Weekly website.
- MIR’s Arctic Explorer by Private Train luxury rail journey was featured in multiple publications including The Los Angeles Times, Tours.com, Staricious, Trailblazer Girl, Global Traveler, Travel Age West and Luxury Travel Magazine
- The St. Louis Dispatch listed MIR’s small group tour, Inside the Russian Space Program, in an article titled “Six Dream Vacations for Lottery Winners.”
- MIR’s small group tour, Bulgaria & Romania: Frescoes & Fortresses, was highlighted as an option for off-the-beaten-path travel in Europe in Chicago Tribune and Hartford Courant.
- La Oferta, Getaways for Grownups, Watch Boom, Ion Magazine and The Active Times compiled a list of tours that follow some of the most legendary routes on earth. On the line-up is MIR’s Chinese Turkestan & Central Asia small group tour, which sends travelers on a six-country adventure along one of the most fascinating stretches of the old Silk Road.
(click on photo to see larger version)
Top Photo: Rose pickers demonstrate a traditional song and dance during Bulgaria’s Rose Festival; Credit: Michel Behar
PUBLISHED: December 15, 2016