MIR in the News: Conde Nast Traveler, Vancouver Sun, Sunshine Coast Daily, and more
As experts in travel to Central Asia, Russia, Mongolia and beyond, it’s always gratifying when word of our tours and destinations is noticed and shared. Here are some of MIR’s recent mentions in the press:
- Patricia Schultz, author of the best-selling travel book 1,000 Places to See Before You Die, included both Uzbekistan and Central Asia in her list of top five places to visit in 2019 for the Vancouver Sun. Noting some of the region’s most unusual and incredible highlights, Schultz recommends MIR as the company to talk to about travel to Central Asia.
- Scott McMurren, a regular contributor to the travel column of the Anchorage Daily News, advises adding a journey on the Trans-Siberian Railway to your list of resolutions to make in 2019. His article entitled, “There’s a Big World Out There — Why Not Resolve to See More Of It in 2019,” endorses MIR Corporation as a tour operator you might want to consult for your journey across the legendary rail route.
- Influential travel website VacationIdea Magazine recently spotlighted MIR’s extensive travel planning expertise in its round-up of “25 Perfect Adventure Vacations.” Citing MIR as the company to talk to for independent journeys and small group tours to “Russia, Siberia, Tibet, Uzbekistan, the Ukraine, and other Central Asian locations.”
- A recent feature in Men’s Journal Magazine about adventurous yet accessible far north destinations included both the legendary Trans-Siberian Railway and the route’s most naturally stunning highlight, UNESCO-listed Lake Baikal, in its round-up. The article also names MIR as the company to talk to about adventures to Siberia.
- MIR’s off-the-beaten-path small group tour Remote Russia: Yakutia & Kamchatka has been trending in numerous travel publications recently. The 14-day journey, which began its inaugural run in 2018, has become one of MIR’s most popular tour offerings, particularly with travelers who are searching for something totally unique. See the full articles online at Insider Travel Report, Ultimate Adventures, and ManTripping.
- Condé Nast Traveler’s included Siberia in the #10 spot on their “30 Romantic Adventures” list. The article featured a quote from Traveller contributor and friend of MIR, Sophy Roberts.
- MIR’s Siberian Winter Escapade small group tour was recently included in the Sunshine Coast Daily’s round-up of cool, new “luxpeditions” — journeys that “bring together some of the world’s best active adventures and luxury accommodations.”
- Recommend.com recently featured MIR’s 18-day journey exploring Tibet and Western China — China’s Silk Road & Tibet: Route of Monks & Merchants — in its “Get Inspired” column.
- Australian travel blogger Winsor Dobbin recently featured MIR’s celebratory small group tour Mongolia’s Golden Eagle Festival on his popular blog, the Gourmet on the Road.
- Iconic Life, and online publication that spotlights up-and-coming trends in travel, fashion, food, and luxury goods, recently included MIR’s Inside the Russian Space Program small group tour in its list of “Favorite One-of-a-Kind Experiential Gifts.”
(Click on photo for larger image)
Top Photo: A young eagle hunter at Mongolia’s Golden Eagle Festival. Photo credit: Michel Behar
PUBLISHED: April 4, 2019