MIR in the News: National Geographic Traveler, AFAR Magazine, The New York Times, Chicago Tribune, and more
As experts in travel to Central Asia, Russia, Mongolia and beyond, it’s always gratifying when word of our tours and destinations is noticed and shared. Here are some of MIR’s recent mentions in the press:
- Taking the #10 spot in a round-up article featured in the magazine’s July 2018 issue, National Geographic Traveler listed MIR’s Backstreets & Bazaars of Uzbekistan small group tour among its collection of “the very best trips” to take in Asia. The magazine not only sought out highlighting “unique tours that expose some of the continent’s richest landmarks and historical sites,” but that also those that venture “beyond the familiar” to uncover the region’s lesser known secrets and secluded spots.
- MIR’s Director of Sales, Joanna Millick, was quoted in a recent New York Times article about travel to Montenegro.
- MIR’s small group tour, Balkan Odyssey: Crossroads of Cultures, was featured in several outlets including the Chicago Tribune, Baltimore Sun, L.A. Times, San Diego Union Tribune, and Luxury Travel Magazine.
- The travel editors at the St. Louis Post-Dispatch recently selected MIR’s Balkan Odyssey: Crossroads of Cultures small group tour as their pick for “Trip of the Week.” Featured in the paper’s Sunday travel section, the piece sums up the tour’s signature highlights, which include “a Roman amphitheater, and the birthplace of Mother Teresa.”
- MIR’s 12-day culinary journey to the Republic of Georgia, A Taste of Georgia: Wine, Cuisine & Culture, is featured in the online version of Travel Agent Central, a leading publication focused on covering the latest travel news and trends for travel agents.
- Luxe Beat Magazine recently released its favorite picks for adventure travel tours for 2019, and MIR’s small group tour, A Taste of Georgia: Wine, Cuisine & Culture, made the cut.
- Luxury Travel Advisor, a leading publication covering “the latest news and trends in luxury travel,” advises adding MIR’s new small group journey From the Heavenly Tien Shan to the High Pamirs to your 2019 bucket list. The 18-day tour, led by veteran MIR tour leader Michel Behar, guides travelers through the spectacular natural scenery of Kyrgyzstan (recently named one of Lonely Planet’s top countries to visit in 2019), as well as along the epic Pamir Highway in Tajikistan.
- MIR President Douglas Grimes was quoted in an article for Insider Travel Report, a travel industry website, that highlighted our small group tour, Inside the Russian Space Program.
- Inside the Russian Space program was also featured recently in outlets including AFAR Magazine, MSN, Luxury Standard Magazine, the Lonely Planet blog, and the St. Louis Post-Dispatch.
(Click on photo for larger image)
Top Photo: Young girls dressed in their finest outfits for Navruz. Photo credit: Regina Mnatsakanian
PUBLISHED: December 4, 2018