MIR in the News: The New York Times, Paste Magazine, Champagne Living and more
- MIR Vice President Annie Lucas was quoted in a recent New York Times article, “Sanctions Lifted, American Tourists Head to Iran“:
“We’d seen it for a while but as people become comfortable with Iran on the world scene, they think it may be a good time to do something they may have wanted to do for a while,” said Annie Lucas, vice president at Mir. “We feel there’s pent-up demand on the part of intrepid travelers.”
The article also ran in the Tehran Times.
- Travel to Uzbekistan and Iran were mentioned in The Coast News Group‘s article “Adventure Travel on the Rise“.
- MIR’s small group tour Chinese Turkestan & Central Asia was featured on LATTE, an Australian luxury travel blog.
- The Desert Sun featured MIR’s rail journey, The Silk Route by Private Train, in a round-up of “Fantasy Powerball Trips” for lottery winners.
- MIR’s Custom Overland Expeditions were mentioned as the “ultimate bro-cations” in Modern Traveler, Champagne Living, Examiner.com and Globe Trender.
- The Active Times listed MIR’s customizable trip Essential St. Petersburg as one of their “Six Romantic Getaways for Lovers“.
- The Sun Coast Daily listed both of MIR’s culinary small group tours, A Chronicle of Russian Cuisine & Culture and A Taste of Georgia: Wine, Cuisine & Culture, in their article, “Taking a Bite out of the Tourism Industry“.
(click on photo to see larger version)
Top Photo: Inside exquisitely decorated Sheikh Lotfollah Mosque in Shiraz, Iran. Photo Credit: Hilary Cline
PUBLISHED: March 23, 2016