MIR in the News: Rachael Ray Every Day, AFAR, Red Tricycle, Luxury Travel Magazine, and more
As experts in travel to Central Asia, Russia, Mongolia and beyond, it’s always gratifying when word of our tours and destinations is noticed and shared. Here are some of MIR’s recent mentions in the press:
- Anya von Bremzen is an award-winning food writer and the author of cookbooks Please to the Table and Mastering the Art of Soviet Cooking. A passionate foodie, world traveler, and expert on the cultures and cuisines of Russia and the former Soviet Republics, Anya fell in love with the country of Uzbekistan in Central Asia on a trip there in the early 1990s, when it was still a part of the Soviet Union. Anya reached out to MIR to plan her weeklong sojourn through the Silk Road — a custom-made sampler of Uzbekistan’s vibrant culture, tastes, and traditions. You can read Anya’s full article online at AFAR.com.
- Foodie praise doesn’t get much higher than a mention in a major culinary magazine. So you can imagine our excitement when we saw that MIR’s small group tour A Taste of Georgia was featured in the October 2019 issue of the fabulous Rachael Ray Every Day magazine. Rachael Ray Every Day writer Chez Chesak recommended A Taste of Georgia as an “Edible Adventure” for the foodie traveler ready to take a “bite out of life.”
- MIR was featured as a finalist in the Culinary Trips category in AFAR Magazine‘s annual “World’s Best Trips and Destinations: Travelers’ Choice Awards” list.
- MIR’s Siberian Winter Escapade private trip itinerary was recently included in FamilyTravel.com‘s article on emerging trends in family travel as a trip that “offers a more personalized, transformative experience, intended to inspire even the youngest adventurer and his or her parents.”
- MIR’s new rail journey by private train tour, Central European Classics by Private Train, was featured in several outlets including Prague Morning, Travel Weekly, Departures, and Luxury Travel Magazine.
- The Los Angeles Times recommended Backstreets & Bazaars of Uzbekistan as one of it’s three off-the-beaten-path adventures in its “Where to go in 2020” article.
- InsiderTravelReport.com recently featured MIR’s 10-day journey exploring Uzbekistan during the Navruz spring festival — Backstreets & Bazaars of Uzbekistan — in its “Insider Exotics” column.
- MIR trips featuring a visit to Turkmenistan were listed as one of MSN’s “11 Places to See Before They Disappear.”
- Red Tricycle, an online parenting lifestyle blog, recently featured MIR’s 18-day journey exploring Tibet and Western China — China’s Silk Road & Tibet: Route of Monks & Merchants — in the article “Epic International Adventures Worth Taking with Kids.”
(Click on photo for larger image)
Top Photo: Kalon Mosque and Minaret at Sunset; Photo credit: Lindsay Fincher
PUBLISHED: January 9, 2020