MIR in the News: The Wall Street Journal, LA Times, MSN and more
As experts in travel to Central Asia, Russia, Iran and beyond, it’s always gratifying when word of our tours and news is shared in the press. Here are some of MIR’s recent mentions in the press:
- MIR Vice President Annie Lucas chatted with The Wall Street Journal about recent trends in “Bucket List” travel.
- A MIR small group tour through Uzbekistan was featured in the LA Times’ Sunday travel section: Uzbekistan: Epic Silk Road excursion highlights Central Asian nation
- We were pleased to see various articles about MIR tours to “forbidden” destinations like Iran.
- “Forbidden Cities No More” in Australia’s Sunshine Coast Daily
- “11 Adventurous Trips You Wouldn’t Have Considered 10 Years Ago” in MSN
- “6 Experiential Trips for Summer 2015” in Travel Age West
- MIR’s small group tour Bulgaria & Romania: Frescoes and Fortresses was featured in several publications, each highlighting the unique experience of visiting Dracula’s Castle:
- MIR’s small group tour Balkan Odyssey: Crossroads of Cultures was featured in the Summer issue of Private Clubs digital magazine.
- We discovered several mentions of MIR’s expertise in Siberia and the Russian Far East:
- “Find Adventures from the Black Sea to Siberia,” an interview with MIR President Douglas Grimes in The Atlanta Journal-Constitution and The Sacramento Bee
- “Kamchatka: Reindeer Herders & The Ring of Fire” featured in the June issue of Canada’s Travel Courier
- Examiner.com and Luxury Travel Magazine mention Kamchatka: Reindeer Herders & The Ring of Fire in their reviews of soft adventure tours for families.
- Our Kamchatka tour was also reviewed and highlighted on Recommend.com and IndependentTraveler.com
(click on photo to see larger version)
(Top photo: The courtyard at Dracula’s Castle in Bran, Romania, looks cozy – the exterior is more ominous. Photo credit: Peter Guttman)
PUBLISHED: July 27, 2015