MIR in the News: Travel Weekly, Travel Channel, Luxury Travel Magazine & More
As experts in travel to Central Asia, Russia, Mongolia and beyond, it’s always gratifying when word of our tours and destinations is noticed and shared. Here are some of MIR’s recent mentions in the press:
- MIR’s Annie Lucas is quoted in the Iran section in a NY Times article, “Unesco World Heritage Sites 2017 Picks Range From Eritrea to England.”
- Annie Lucas is also quoted in a Tehran Times article, “Yazd on traveler’s radar after getting UNESCO status.”
- Annie Lucas spoke about travel, especially to Iran, in “Travel in the age of fear.”
Patricia Schultz, travel enthusiast and author of 1,000 Places to See Before You Die, was recently a special host on one of MIR’s signature small group tours, Balkan Odyssey: Crossroads of Culture. She shared some of her impressions of the tour with Travel Weekly:
Under the radar, poorly understood and often maligned, much of the western Balkans — the former Yugoslavia and Albania — has remained a blind spot on travelers’ radar long after the dust settled from turbulent times in the 1990s…Yet there is also much that is abuzz, with a bevy of small capital cities whose cultural and nighttime scenes thrive and even flourish.
- Luxury Travel Magazine also featured Balkan Odyssey: Crossroads of Culture in an article titled “10 Extended Vacations to Really Get Away.”
- Travel Channel writer and family travel expert Erin Gifford named MIR an expert in arranging custom itineraries for Jewish people seeking their lost families in Eastern Europe and beyond in her article “Ancestry Travel Is a Thing, You Should Try It.”
- Luxury Travel Magazine recently gave MIR a shout-out with a spotlight article on Silk Route Odyssey: Caravan Across Uzbekistan, and also featured the tour in an article highlighting extended vacations.
- GoBanking Rates blog featured MIR’s Silk Route by Private Train luxury rail journey in its round-up of “The Most Amazing Luxury Travel Experiences You Can Buy.”
- Trazee Travel shared news about MIR’s Silk Route Odyssey: Caravan Across Uzbekistan small group tour.
- TribLive recommends MIR’s Siberian Winter Escapade small group tour as a unique adventure that’s perfect for families in need of a digital detox.
- The Manual, a men’s style website, recently featured MIR’s Inside the Russian Space Program in a round-up of “Bucket List Trips for Space and Astronomy Nerds.”
- MSN mentioned MIR in “15 Places to See While You Still Can” – featuring Russia’s Lake Baikal.
- Global Traveler’s article, “Go Deep into Russia’s Landscape,” about MIR’s Insider’s Russia: Moscow & St. Petersburg Rediscovered small group tour.
- Signature Luxury Travel & Style magazine and Travel Daily Online, both recommended MIR for their expertise in planning unforgettable custom overland journeys for Father’s Day.
(click on photo to see larger version)
Top Photo: View of Dubrovnik, Croatia’s bay in the Old Town; Photo credit: Martin Klimenta
PUBLISHED: August 23, 2017