The annual Naadam Festival is the biggest celebration of the year in Mongolia, showcasing the “Three Sports of Man,” horse racing, Mongolian wrestling and archery:
- Cheer on the sturdy steppe horses with their school-age riders.
- Admire the stately wrestlers in their traditional eagle costumes.
- Marvel at the skill of the archers, who wield the same type of bow that Genghis Khan’s armies used, carefully crafted of birch, fish glue and deer sinew.
MIR offers three ways for travelers to be part of the pageantry of Naadam. Choose from outstanding small group tours, exclusive rail journeys by private train or create your own Naadam adventure with our private and custom travel options.
MIR Corporation is an award-winning tour company focused on building creative, culturally immersive small group tours and custom and private journeys along the Silk Route, the Trans-Siberian Railway, to Russia and beyond, since 1986.
Why MIR is your Best Choice
Whether you are looking for a small group tour or a rail journey by private train, or thinking about a private journey with our fully-customized travel options, be assured that MIR can provide the logistical expertise and personalized customer service you need to transform a vacation into the trip of a lifetime.
- Over two decades of Mongolia travel experience
- Travel programs such as Princeton and Dartmouth have chosen MIR to guide them to Mongolia
- Twice named one of National Geographic Adventure’s “Best Adventure Travel Companies on Earth”
- On-the-ground support and quality you can trust
- Personalized travel planning from start to finish
- Guides and tour managers that clients rave about
MIR’s Great Naadam Festival Adventures
(click on photos to see a larger version)
More about Naadam
Read more about Mongolia and the Naadam Festival in these blog posts:
- Mongolia’s Naadam Festival: Why Go?
- Naadam Festival: Opening Ceremonies
- Spiritual & National Roots of Mongolia’s Naadam Festival
- Naadam Festival: Mongolia’s Ancient Games
- Mongolia: There’s Nothing Like Naadam
- Experience the BAM Route & the Naadam Festival on a Luxury Rail Journey by Private Train
- Trans-Siberian Railway: Ride the Train Like a Local from Mongolia to Moscow
- Siberia and Mongolia: A Perfect Pairing
Contact MIR Today
If you’re looking for a travel company with proven expertise and reliability, an impeccable reputation, and one with far-ranging access, full service and support to offer, then you’ve come to the right place.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or toll-free at 800-424-7289 to discuss your travel plans.
“The friendliness and hospitality of the Mongolian people is unmatched in the world. The Naadam opening ceremony was a magnificent kaleidoscope of color and action.
I have traveled to 115 countries and can honestly contest that my MIR Tour Manager is the best that I have ever traveled with.”
D. Lindner – Brookfield, WI