MIR Corporation Announces Epicurean Adventure Across Georgia’s Wine Country
SEATTLE, WA — Explore the little-known country of Georgia on a culinary and cultural caravan that traverses a land where deeply-held traditions are passed down through generations around the dinner table. In the company of an ethnologist and winemaker, MIR Corporation guests will meet artisans, monks, chefs and winemakers on a 14-day tour as they discover the history and living traditions of Georgia. Taste your way from the mountains to the sea on MIR’s new small group journey, “A Taste of Georgia: Wine, Cuisine & Culture” on October 5-18, 2014. For more information, visit http://www.mircorp.com/trip/taste-of-georgia-wine-cuisine-culture/.
“The Georgian table has always been, and still is, the greatest place to learn about Georgian culture,” said MIR Corporation Vice President Annie Lucas. “This is where knowledge is handed down, where family relations are solidified, where plans for the future are laid, and where children learn the old songs and the old traditions.”
Highlights of the tour include:
- Sampling natural wines made by monks at Alaverdi monastery
- Preparing a memorable meal with the chef at Pheasant’s Tears winery
- Learning how to make qvevri, huge earthenware vessels used in a traditional Georgian wine-making method
- Meeting with a master weaver at a Tushetian textile workshop
- Tasting Georgian “street food,” like the warm cheese-stuffed bread called khachapuri
- Accompanying a chef to the village market
- Driving through saw-toothed mountains and tidy green valleys to the secluded Svaneti region, known for its UNESCO-listed medieval watchtowers and proud highland people
- Witnessing a performance by Svanetian singers of the unmatched Georgian art of polyphonic choral music
- Sampling Mingrelian cuisine, including the polenta-like ghomi, handed down for thousands of years
For more information or to request the detailed itinerary for A Taste of Georgia: Wine, Cuisine & Culture, contact us at 800-424-7289 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
About MIR Corporation
MIR Corporation, whose name means “peace” and “world” in Russian, has specialized in Russia (and neighboring countries) since 1986. Offering scheduled and custom journeys to Russia, along the Trans-Siberian and across the Silk Route, MIR’s Seattle-based experts design imaginative trips that take travelers far from the familiar, and work closely with local affiliates in Western Russia, Siberia, Ukraine and Uzbekistan to carry them out. MIR has twice been named one of National Geographic Adventure’s “Best Adventure Travel Companies on Earth,” and is a preferred operator for museum, alumni and special interest organizations across the country.
Press inquiries should be directed to:
85 South Washington St Suite 210
Seattle, WA 98104
PUBLISHED: May 15, 2014