Ready to Roll: Announcing Dates for 2017 Rail Journeys by Private Train
A rail journey by private train is an experience to remember for the rest of your life. Combining the romance of Old World travel with modern amenities, these journeys allow you to experience endlessly fascinating and surprisingly diverse destinations in hassle-free comfort.
Each itinerary is well-planned and comprehensive in scope, with comfortable accommodations and superb service on board the train, giving you freedom to relax knowing that all the logistics and small details have already been taken care of for you.
To help you prepare for your next adventure, we’re pleased to announce our 2017 line-up of rail journeys by private train, making it even easier to take advantage of special savings offers, pick the routes, departure dates and cabins you want (before they sell out), and make the entire experience from beginning to end as smooth as possible.
We have a full menu of rail journeys by private train to choose from: along the Trans-Siberian Railway, up to the Russian Arctic, across Iran and Central Asia, and through the South Caucasus, Southern Europe and the Balkans. Rounding out our roster of rail journeys are two new offerings by private train for 2017: Land of the Midnight Sun and Ottoman Treasures.
Whether you choose to travel aboard the comfortable, budget-friendly Tsar’s Gold, the luxurious Golden Eagle, or any of our other fine trains, a dedicated MIR travel specialist will be with you every step of the way, providing access to our in-house air expert, assistance with visas or a handcrafted private extension and answers to any questions you may have about the trains and destinations.
Take a peek at MIR’s 2017 rail journeys by private train — you’ve got plenty of time to prepare in advance so you can thoroughly savor your journey on the rails.
Land of the Midnight Sun by Private Train
Join a band of adventurous travelers during the “White Nights” of summer on a luxury rail journey celebrating the Midnight Sun. Beginning in magnificent Moscow, take advantage of the long, sun-filled days as the train heads north beyond the Arctic Circle.
The journey culminates in sumptuous St. Petersburg, where fashionable boulevards, serene canals and the city’s beautiful 300-year-old buildings glisten in the perpetual sunset hours of twilight. Along the way, travelers will:
- Board the world’s first nuclear-powered ice-breaker, the Lenin, now a museum ship.
- Take an evening boat ride through the majestic Norwegian fjords in the warm glow of the Midnight Sun.
- Embark on a king crab fishing adventure out on the Barents Sea.
- Toast the longest day of the year at a special summer solstice cocktail party and gala dinner.
- Marvel at the luminous amber panels on the walls of the fully restored Amber Room at Catherine’s Palace.
View or download the detailed itinerary for more information on the Land of the Midnight Sun rail journey by private train.
Ottoman Treasures by Private Train
Enjoy the pleasures of luxurious Old World rail travel, gliding in style from the edges of the old Ottoman Empire in Budapest all the way to its heart, Istanbul, where Europe and Asia intertwine.
Begin in Hungary and continue through the modern Balkan countries of Slovenia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Serbia, Bulgaria, Macedonia, and Greece before exploring Turkey’s Gallipoli Peninsula and ending in Istanbul. Encounter four UNESCO World Heritage Sites along the rails as you:
- Admire 13th century Mathias Church, used as a mosque during Turkish rule, from 1541 to 1686.
- Visit the Sarajevo Tunnel Museum with a survivor from Bosnia and Herzegovina who used the tunnel to escape the shelling; hear his personal story.
- Discover the UNESCO-listed area around the Old Bridge in Mostar, rebuilt over five years in an effort to heal the deep ethnic divide that characterized its destruction.
- Join the shoppers in the Grand Bazaar, which appeared in the 15th century near the Golden Horn where ships from foreign lands used to unload their goods.
A northbound route, running from Istanbul to Budapest, is available as well.
View or download the detailed itinerary for more information on the Ottoman Treasures rail journey by private train.
Travel with MIR on a 2017 Rail Journey by Private Train
MIR is an award-winning company with over 30 years of travel experience in this area of the world, as well as affiliate offices in Siberia, Western Russia and Uzbekistan, providing a superior edge in on-the-ground operations.
MIR makes it easy to discover incredible destinations with ease on all of its private rail journeys. Each train departure features modern comforts and amenities, and allows travelers to easily and efficiently cover thousands of miles across multiple time zones.
Need more reasons to ride the rails with MIR? Be sure to take advantage of these special offers, running for a limited time:
- Early Booking Savings: Save $100 per person when you book a scheduled 2017 small group tour or rail journey by private train by December 30, 2016. (more info)
- Booking multiple trips with MIR? Book two scheduled group tours and save $100 per person, per tour. (more info)
- Traveling solo on a rail journey by private train aboard the Golden Eagle?
Give us a call at 1-800-424-7289 or email us to talk with one of our experts about your rail travel dreams. With so many new rail journeys available and fabulous special savings offers to boot, one of them is sure to fit your style, schedule and budget.
(Top Photo: A stop in Novosibirsk along on the Trans-Siberian Railway. Photo credit: Helge Pedersen.)
PUBLISHED: June 7, 2016