Sip & Save $200: Experiential Taste Adventures to Georgia or Russia
Food Adventures: You can find this contemporary concept at the cutting-edge intersection of Food and Adventure Tourism.
Tasting local foods, learning to prepare local dishes, sampling regional wines and characteristic adult beverages, expanding your culinary capabilities – these are the hallmarks of Food Tourism.
Entering into the local culture, meeting the local people and experiencing the natural heritage of an off-the-beaten-path location – these are attributes of Adventure Tourism. Mix them together on these delicious tours from MIR:
- A Taste Of Georgia: Wine, Cuisine & Culture
An Epicurean Adventure Across Georgia’s Wine Country
- A Chronicle of Russian Cuisine & Culture
Innovation and Imagination in Russia’s Culinary Scene
A Taste of Georgia: Wine, Cuisine & Culture
On MIR’s small group tour, A Taste of Georgia: Wine, Cuisine & Culture, discover the history and living traditions of this ancient country through its chefs, winemakers, artisans and musicians, as you taste your way from cities to villages and vineyards to mountains. (more about this tour)
- Travel Photos: A Taste of Georgia’s Remarkable Food, Wine and Folk Traditions
- Insider’s Guide to the South Caucasus: Georgia’s Wine Country
- Master of the Toast in Georgia
- Georgia On My Mind
- How to Eat a Georgian Table Feast
- Food Fare: Georgian Faves
- Pheasant’s Tears Winery: An Unforgettable Georgian Meal
- Baking Bread, Breaking Bread in Georgia
- Demystifying Megrelian Cuisine
A Chronicle of Russian Cuisine & Culture
MIR’s delectable journey, A Chronicle of Russian Cuisine & Culture, is led by a passionate local foodie and lets you eat your way through Russia’s greatest cities, Moscow and St. Petersburg, while taking care to touch on all the definitive cultural sites. You will learn that Russian cuisine goes far beyond borscht and blini. (more about this tour)
- Travel Like a Local: Visit a Dacha in the Russian Countryside
- A Visit to the Cristall Vodka Museum in Moscow
- Perlov Tea House: Russian Tea, Chinese Style
- Vodka: Toasting a Russian Tradition
- Moscow’s Charming Chemodan Restaurant
- Visiting a Russian Home
- Spotlight on St. Petersburg Theaters
Chow Down with MIR
MIR has 30 years of unrivaled travel expertise in creating momentous journeys.
You can also travel independently. There are endless custom and private travel possibilities that MIR can combine to build a culinary and cultural trip tailored to your specific interests and pace.
Top photo: Posing with the goods at a hilltop fortress near Pheasant’s Tears. Photo credit: Mariana Noble
PUBLISHED: November 6, 2015