Luxury Travel by Train: A Ride Aboard the Golden Eagle Private Train (VIDEO)
No matter the destination, the journey is first class all the way. Here’s a video snapshot of a trip aboard the Golden Eagle along the Trans-Siberian Railway.
Travelers boarding the Golden Eagle are greeted by their train car’s English-speaking cabin attendants, who assist them for the duration of their journey. If you press the red button – provodnik – in your cabin, an attendant will be there 24/7, offering services from breakfast in bed to fetching a DVD for in-room viewing. An on-board English-speaking doctor is also available.
- Imperial Suite
- Gold Class
- Silver Class
Silver Class is a perfect size for those traveling alone, yet still comfortable for two people. Those traveling in pairs often opt for Gold Class with its more spacious dimensions, dedicated shower cabin, and under floor heating. The classically appointed, spacious Imperial Suites feature double picture windows, king-sized bed, separate seating area, private bathroom, and abundant amenities.
All cabins have private en suite facilities, DVD/CD player, in-room safe, remote controlled air conditioning and heating, and power strips to charge cameras, laptops, and cell phones. Emptied suitcases are stored elsewhere on the train; there’s no need for them again until the journey ends.
All classes provide bed turndown, bathrobes, slippers, hair dryers, and toiletries such as shampoo, loofahs, and body wash.
(click on photo for larger version)
The dress code aboard the Golden Eagle is informal, although many don their best travel clothes for the onboard farewell dinner. There is no assigned seating at meals, encouraging travelers to mingle and meet others from around the world.
Culinary creations presented by the on-board chef use locally sourced ingredients when possible, including beets for borscht, chicken for Chicken Kiev, and omul, a fish unique to Siberia’s Lake Baikal. Vegetarian and other dietary options are available.
The linen-covered tables are decorated with fresh flowers each day and the delicacies are served in crystal and fine china. Complimentary red and white wines, beer, and vodka are served at lunch and dinner; premium wines can be purchased.
Breakfast options include a bountiful buffet with local fare. For example, when traveling along the Trans-Siberian Railway, the daily menu features Russian favorites such as kasha (hot buckwheat cereal), tvorog (farmer’s cheese) with pancakes, and kefir (fermented milk). An in-cabin continental breakfast is also available.
Throughout the day, it grows livelier, with language classes, teatime, and later happy hour (except when traveling through Iran) and on-board entertainment that can last into the wee hours.
(click on photo for larger version)
Travel Aboard the Golden Eagle with MIR
MIR is an award-winning company with 30 years of travel experience in this area of the world, as well as affiliate offices in Ulan Ude and Irkutsk in Siberia and Moscow and St. Petersburg in Western Russia, providing a superior edge in on-the-ground operations. MIR makes it easy to discover incredible destinations in first-class style on its tour offerings aboard the Golden Eagle luxury private train.
Each Golden Eagle luxury train departure is all-inclusive, first class, and first-rate in comfort and ease, from beginning to end:
- Travel along the Silk Route, through Iran, and beyond:
- Travel between metropolitan Moscow and hospitable Iran via Central Asia on Jewels of Persia & The Silk Route by Private Train (Eastbound / Westbound), stopping in a total of five countries along the way.
- Take a grand journey that encompasses the intriguing countries of Iran, Turkmenistan and Uzbekistan on Iran & The ‘Stans by Private Train (Eastbound / Westbound).
- The Heart of Persia rides a ring around Iran, discovering UNESCO sites that travelers rarely see.
- Follow the trail of caravan merchants and explorers on this NEW rail journey Persia & the Silk Road by Private Train.
- The Caspian Odyssey by Private Train explores six South Caucasus and Central Asia countries on both sides of the Caspian Sea.
- Trans-Siberian Railway journeys:
- The Classic Route (eastbound /westbound) and Mongolian Route (eastbound / westbound) along the Trans-Siberian Railway is a legendary way to travel across Russia and beyond.
- Experience the magic of winter in Russia as you travel the Trans-Siberian Winter Wonderland Route, between Moscow and Vladivostok (eastbound / westbound)
- Around Russia:
(click on photo to see larger version)
(Top photo: Dining aboard the Golden Eagle Luxury Private Train. Photo credit: Helge Pedersen)
PUBLISHED: January 5, 2016