Travel to Iran: What to Know Before You Go
We get lots of questions about travel to Iran. It’s such an intriguing place, yet even seasoned travelers have their doubts about going there.
- Isn’t it dangerous? No.
- Don’t they hate Americans there? No.
- Don’t women have to wear headscarves? Yes. It’s simple.
- Can I have a glass of wine with dinner while I’m there? Sorry, no. (But there’s non-alcoholic beer.)
We (and our travelers) have found Iran to be incredibly beautiful, incredibly modern and incredibly welcoming, with world-class archaeological sites, phenomenal architecture clad in vividly-colored interwoven mosaic patterns, and friendly people.
(click on photo to see larger version)
Travel to Iran with MIR
MIR has more than 15 years of unmatched destination expertise and travel planning experience, hand-crafting tours to Iran.
Our full service, dedication, and commitment to quality have twice earned us a place on National Geographic Adventure’s list of “Best Adventure Travel Companies on Earth.”
- Small Group Tours
- Rail Journeys by Private Train
- Custom Private Journeys
- If you have special interests or specific destinations in Iran you’d like to explore, MIR can work with you to create a custom, private journey that reflects your desires and timeline.
- You can also travel on one of MIR’s hand-crafted private independent travel itineraries, Essential Iran or our new Essential Iran Enhanced.
Chat with a MIR destination specialist about travel to Iran by phone (800-424-7289) or email today. Our team has an insider’s knowledge of what to do and see in Iran, and we would love to help you craft a tour that satisfies your curiosity about this ancient and modern country.
(Top Photo: Love from Iran. Photo credit: Ann Schneider)
PUBLISHED: October 19, 2015