Traveler Spotlight: A Caspian Odyssey Thumbs Up
International Travel News (ITN) has a regular feature called Travelers’ Intercom where people write in to give either a thumbs up or a thumbs down to tours they have recently taken. MIR traveler Nyckle Wijbrandus of East Petersburg, Pennsylvania, used the forum to recommend one of our rail journeys by private train, the Caspian Odyssey.
He enjoyed the luxury Golden Eagle train, as well as the six countries it made its way through on either side of the Caspian. MIR’s air department was characterized as “…an excellent air department very willing to work with travelers. They came up with better prices than I could find…”
Mr. Wijbrandus wrote:
“We recommend this trip to anyone who wants to see a part of the world that is interesting and different.”
Travel Aboard the Golden Eagle with MIR
MIR is an award-winning company with more than 30 years of travel experience in this area of the world, as well as affiliate offices in Siberia, Western Russia and Uzbekistan providing a superior edge in on-the-ground operations. MIR makes it easy to discover incredible destinations in first-class style on its tour offerings aboard the Golden Eagle luxury private train.
Experience the Tour Mr. Wijbrandus Recommended
Each Golden Eagle luxury train departure is all-inclusive, first class, and first-rate in comfort and ease, from beginning to end:
- The Trans-Siberian Railway – Classic Route (eastbound /westbound)
- The Trans-Siberian Railway – Mongolian Route with Naadam Festival (eastbound / westbound)
- The Trans-Siberian Winter Wonderland Route (eastbound / westbound)
- Arctic Circle by Private Train
- Land of the Midnight Sun: White Nights Across the Arctic Circle
- NEW! Persia & the Silk Road by Private Train
- Jewels of Persia & The Silk Route by Private Train (westbound)
- Silk Route by Private Train (westbound)
- Iran & The ‘Stans by Private Train (eastbound)
- Caspian Odyssey by Private Train
Top photo: Armenia’s blue-green Lake Sevan, at over 6,200 feet, is one of the largest alpine lakes in the world.
PUBLISHED: April 21, 2016