Traveler Spotlight: Golden Eagle Luxury Train across Russia in ITN
In August of 2017, MIR travelers Alan and Arlene Lichtenstein spent two weeks living it up as they rode the luxurious Golden Eagle private train from one end of Russia to the other.
Alan gives a thorough accounting of the journey in the May 2018 issue of International Travel News. His evaluation, in a nutshell:
“Arlene and I have taken many trips, but this one ranks as one of the best.”
Having had a quick taste of Russia on a Baltic cruise, the couple “…decided to return to see as much of Russia as we could. And what better way than to take the Trans-Siberian Railway across the wide expanse of Russia, from Siberia to Moscow?”
(click on photo to see larger version)
“Dinner in the dining car was a leisurely affair, served on fine china, with wine constantly being poured into our crystal glasses by the very attentive waitstaff.”
Alan sums it up this way:
“Taken in most luxurious circumstances, this rail journey provided an eye-opening experience of much of Russia. Traveling over the vast expanse of the country, we came away with a real appreciation of the true Siberia — not a desolate wasteland but a land of virgin birch forests and untamed rivers — and for its people, who we found friendly and welcoming.”
- The Riveting Story of the Trans-Siberian Railway
- Trans-Siberian Spotlight: Our Favorite UNESCO-listed Experiences on the Rails
- Remarkable Russia: 9 Ways to Travel the Largest Country on Earth by Train
- Experience the Most Luxurious Way to Travel on a Rail Journey by Private Train
- The Trans-Siberian Railway In Pictures
- Client Photo Spotlight: The Trans-Siberian Railway from Moscow to Vladivostok
- 10 Favorite Things to Do Along the Trans-Siberian Railway
- Favorite Places Along the Trans-Siberian Railway
- Client Spotlight: Traveling in style aboard Luxury Trans-Siberian Express
- What to Pack for a Trans-Siberian Railway Journey
- Trans-Siberian Spotlight: Vibrant Vladivostok
- Mongolia’s UlaanBaatar, Beyond Naadam
- Why Travel the Trans-Siberian, and Why Now?
- Trans-Siberian Spotlight: Irkutsk
- Ride the Rails at Siberia’s Lake Baikal
- Hear the Songs of Siberia’s Old Believers
- A Visit to a Soviet-Era Apartment in Irkutsk, Siberia
Travel with MIR on a Rail Journey by Private Train
MIR makes it easy to discover incredible destinations on a rail journey. We offer a wide range of itineraries and rail options, from deluxe and luxury rail journeys by private train to an adventurous small group tour on regularly scheduled trains with locals.
SMALL GROUP TOUR
RAIL JOURNEYS BY PRIVATE TRAIN
- The Trans-Siberian Classic Route: Eastbound / Westbound
- The Trans-Siberian Mongolian Route with Naadam Festival: Eastbound/ Westbound
- NEW! Trans-Siberian BAM Explorer with Naadam Festival
- The Trans-Siberian Baikal Express Route
- The Trans-Siberian Ulaanbaatar Express Route
- The Trans-Siberian Winter Wonderland Route: Eastbound / Westbound
- The Trans-Siberian Express Between Beijing & Moscow: Eastbound / Westbound
MIR has more than 30 years of Trans-Siberian Railway travel experience, with affiliate offices in Moscow, St. Petersburg, Irkutsk and Ulan Ude offering on-the-ground support. Our full service, dedication, commitment to quality and destination expertise have twice earned us a place on National Geographic Adventure’s list of “Best Adventure Travel Companies on Earth.”
MIR has quality you can trust with personalized travel planning from start to finish. Patricia Schultz, author of 1,000 Places to See Before You Die, recommends MIR as the company to talk to about a Trans-Siberian journey.
Give us a call at 1-800-424-7289 or email us to talk with one of our experts about your rail travel dreams. With so many rail journeys available, one of them is sure to fit your style, schedule and budget.
Top photo: All aboard the Golden Eagle Trans-Siberian Express.
PUBLISHED: May 15, 2018