Amber and Art Nouveau
Latvia is a brilliant and largely undiscovered destination for most travelers. Golden amber washes up on the beaches, and green forests cover almost half of the land. Black Balsam, the region’s signature 90-proof herbal liqueur, is said to have cured Catherine the Great. The red roofs of UNESCO-listed Old Riga offset the rumors of blazing modern nightlife downtown. Even the sun stays up late in Riga.
Why travel to Latvia with MIR
Travelers frequently praise us for our inspired itineraries that take them deeper into the culture and communities of the places we visit. Journey with us to Latvia for an in-depth look at a country that is re-inventing its future by rediscovering its past. This lively country has a lot to offer: architecturally rich cities, lush forests, picturesque beaches, and a fascinating history.
- Over 30 years of Latvia travel experience
- Twice named one of National Geographic Adventure’s “Best Adventure Travel Companies on Earth”
- Travel programs such as Stanford University and the Washington Agriculture & Forestry Education Foundation (WAFEF) have chosen MIR to guide them to Latvia
- Personalized travel planning from start to finish
- On-the-ground support
- Guides and tour managers that clients rave about
- Quality you can trust