Waiting to Be Discovered
The quiet wallflower of Europe, Moldova is shyly emerging from the shadow of its Soviet past as a contender for prime wine country and rich cultural experiences. Wedged between Romania and Ukraine, Moldovans are ethnically related to Romanians, but over time they have adopted a Slavic way of enjoying life, which shows up especially in the increasingly hip capital, Chisinau. Life moves at a slower pace in the countryside, where livestock wanders over the unpaved village streets and most meals come from bounteous backyard gardens.
Why travel to Moldova with MIR
Travelers frequently praise us for our inspired itineraries that take them deeper into the culture and communities of the places we visit. Journey with MIR through traditional Moldovan villages, the cosmopolitan capital Chisinau, and the autonomous territory of Transdniester to discover the charms of this small, quiet nation with unspoiled countryside, rolling vineyards, and rocky hills.
- Over 30 years of Moldova travel experience
- Twice named one of National Geographic Adventure’s “Best Adventure Travel Companies on Earth”
- National Geographic Traveler honored MIR’s small group tour, Belarus, Ukraine & Moldova, as a “Tour of a Lifetime”
- Travel programs such as the Washington Agriculture and Forestry Education Foundation (WAFEF) have chosen MIR to guide them to Moldova
- Personalized travel planning from start to finish
- On-the-ground support
- Guides and tour managers that clients rave about
- Quality you can trust