Southeast Europe’s Balkan Crown Jewel
Set directly above Greece and about the size of Vermont, North Macedonia is a compact jewel of a country – blue with lakes and green with forested mountains. Its capital city, Skopje, existed before the time of Christ. A beloved popular song declares that North Macedonia is “where the sun shines forever” – and we have found that to be close to the truth.
Why travel to North Macedonia with MIR
Travelers frequently praise us for our inspired itineraries that take them deeper into the culture and communities of the places we visit, with memorable opportunities to better appreciate the distinctive art, architecture, and accomplishments of North Macedonia. Over the years, we’ve traveled up and down mountainous North Macedonia, exploring archaeological sites and monasteries, meeting gifted folk artisans, and engaging in conversation with clergy and entrepreneurs. We can help you discover North Macedonia’s deep history, tracing ancient Rome, Byzantium, and Ottoman Empire rule and influences that set this country apart from its neighbors.
- Over 25 years of Macedonia travel experience
- Twice named one of National Geographic Adventure’s “Best Adventure Travel Companies on Earth”
- Many individuals and groups have chosen MIR to guide them to Serbia
- Personalized travel planning from start to finish
- On-the-ground support
- Guides and tour managers that clients rave about
- Quality you can trust