Imperial Legacy and Folk Traditions
With a culture and cuisine as lively as its people, Hungary stands out amongst Central European nations. A rich and complex history dating back thousands of years, the Roman and Ottoman empires ignited a love for thermal baths, while the Huns and Magyars left an indelible mark on the people, language, and culture. Years spent under Habsburg rule inspired a dazzling array of art and elegant architecture that modernized the nation. Seductive wines, peppery stews, classical music, charming castles, gentle landscapes, long-standing traditions, and a unique ethnic heritage make Hungary a quintessential stop.
Why travel to Hungary with MIR
Travelers frequently praise us for our inspired itineraries that take them deeper into the culture and communities of the places we visit. Let MIR reveal the historic beauty, elegant architecture, and characteristic art that makes Hungary a must see destination. Savor sweet red wine and spicy goulash in this quirky and cosmopolitan country filled with rich traditions and colorful history.
- Over 30 years of Hungary travel experience
- Twice named one of National Geographic Adventure’s “Best Adventure Travel Companies on Earth”
- Travel programs such as Harvard and Stanford have chosen MIR to guide them to Hungary
- Personalized travel planning from start to finish
- On-the-ground support
- Guides and tour managers that clients rave about
- Quality you can trust