The Ultimate Silk Road Experience
Uzbekistan is the heart and soul of the Silk Road. The Old Towns of its four UNESCO-listed cities – Khiva, Bukhara, Samarkand, and Shahrisabz – are mazes of exotic architecture and gorgeous decorative art, while in the countryside, the Fergana Valley is a fertile oasis dotted with ancient villages. MIR will introduce you to this remarkable country’s beauties, large and small, from palaces and mosques to hand-woven textiles and plov, the sumptuous national dish.
Why travel to Uzbekistan with MIR
In over 30 years of leading tours in Uzbekistan, we’ve developed an insider’s understanding of the people, the culture, and the terrain. We love showing travelers one of our favorite places on earth – so much so that we have a MIR office in Tashkent, the capital, dedicated to serving our clients. No other American travel company matches our level of expertise.
- 30 years of Central Asia travel experience
- Twice named one of National Geographic Adventure’s “Best Adventure Travel Companies on Earth”
- Travel programs from Vassar, Dartmouth, Yale, and the Harvard Museum of Natural History have chosen MIR to guide them to Central Asia
- Personalized travel planning from start to finish
- On-the-ground support, including a MIR affiliate office in Uzbekistan
- Guides and tour managers that clients rave about
- Quality you can trust