Heart of the Balkans
An intriguing Balkan country the size of Ireland or West Virginia, Bosnia and Herzegovina boasts isolated mountain villages, wild blue rivers, towns radiating a cozy and friendly atmosphere, and a rich culture blending East and West. The country and its capital, Sarajevo, have risen gracefully from the ashes of war, with improved transportation, digital infrastructure, and accommodations. Travelers can easily and comfortably explore this historic country and appreciate its significance in this wildly divergent Balkan region.
Why travel to Bosnia and Herzegovina with MIR
Travelers frequently praise us for our inspired itineraries that take them deeper into the culture and communities of the places we visit in Bosnia and Herzegovina, helping them better appreciate the distinctive art, architecture, and accomplishments of this country, as well as its resilient people. We’re amazed and heartened that this place has become so vital and full of life in the years since its near-ruin in the 1990s. We love to bring travelers to Bosnia and Herzegovina to show them the rich heritage, architecture, nature, and culture of this resilient South Slav country.
- Over 25 years of Bosnia and Herzegovina travel experience
- Twice named one of National Geographic Adventure’s “Best Adventure Travel Companies on Earth”
- Many individuals and groups have entrusted MIR with guiding them to Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Personalized travel planning from start to finish
- On-the-ground support
- Guides and tour managers that clients rave about
- Quality you can trust