A Tiny Treasure: Sacred & Secular
Landlocked Armenia sits at the heart of the South Caucasus mountain range. It was the first country in the world to adopt Christianity as its national religion in the year 310, and signs of those Christian roots are evident in many of its historical attractions. Among them, Echmiadzin Cathedral and Geghard, Haghpat, and Sanahin monasteries are recognized as UNESCO World Heritage sites for their remarkable medieval architecture. Visitors to Armenia can expect stunning mountain views, unique cultural traditions, and friendly locals who are eager to share them.
Why travel to Armenia with MIR
For three decades the destination experts at MIR have been helping travelers discover the delightful people, interesting sights, and gorgeous scenery found in the remote mountains of Armenia. Our experienced, trusted guides know and love the country, and they’re ready to show you its treasures and pleasures.
- 30 years of Armenia travel experience
- MIR’s small group tour to Georgia and Armenia was honored as a “Tour of a Lifetime” by National Geographic Traveler
- Twice named one of National Geographic Adventure’s “Best Adventure Travel Companies on Earth”
- Travel programs from the World Affairs Council of Philadelphia and Harvard have chosen MIR to guide them to Armenia
- Personalized travel planning from start to finish
- On-the-ground support, including a MIR affiliate office in Tbilisi
- Guides and tour managers that clients rave about
- Quality you can trust