Since separating from the Czech Republic in 1993 during the “Velvet Divorce,” Slovakia is a beautiful mountainous country with a fairy-tale feel. Graced with seven UNESCO World Heritage Sites, including ice caves, castles, and the medieval silver mining town of Banská Štiavnica, Slovakia is famed for its ski resorts in the High Tatras as well as its friendly and energetic inhabitants. Whether walking down old cobbled streets or hiking through the otherworldly landscape, you’ll feel as if you’re in a dream.
Why travel to Slovakia with MIR
Travelers frequently praise us for our inspired itineraries that take them deeper into the culture and communities of the places we visit. Long before gaining independence in 1993, MIR has been traveling through Slovakia and the surrounding region, driving the winding roads of the High Tatras, sipping slivovica (plum brandy) in the cafes and nightclubs of Bratislava, and searching for treasures in the remote villages. Come along with us, and discover this beautiful country for yourself.
- Over 30 years of travel experience in the region
- Twice named one of National Geographic Adventure’s “Best Adventure Travel Companies on Earth”
- Travel programs such as Stanford have chosen MIR to guide them to Slovakia
- Personalized travel planning from start to finish
- On-the-ground support
- Guides and tour managers that clients rave about
- Quality you can trust