Descendants of Genghis Khan Steppe into the Future
Mongolia’s endless grassland and desert steppe make a dramatic backdrop for the tiny round gers of lone nomadic families. Buddhist monasteries mark the vague tracks across the steppe, and the annual national festival, Naadam, still showcases nomadic skills. But times are changing: All over the country 21st-century geologists and miners are rushing to exploit riches under the ground, threatening this centuries-old traditional way of life. Visit here soon.
Why travel to Mongolia with MIR
Travelers frequently praise us for our inspired itineraries that take them deeper into the culture and communities of the places we visit. Journey with us to Mongolia to get better acquainted with the local people and to appreciate Mongolia’s fast-disappearing nomadic life and culture. We design every one of our Mongolia trips to help you discover for yourself why the sound of horses galloping across the open steppe haunts our dreams.
- Over 25 years of Mongolia travel experience
- Twice named one of National Geographic Adventure’s “Best Adventure Travel Companies on Earth”
- Travel programs such as Princeton and Dartmouth have chosen MIR to guide them to Mongolia
- MIR’s Mongolia travel expertise recommend by Forbes.com
- Personalized travel planning from start to finish
- On-the-ground support
- Guides and tour managers that clients rave about
- Quality you can trust