A Young Nation: Energetic and Evolving
Kosovo has a reputation for exceptional skiing and mountaineering, sadly interrupted by years of war and ethnic strife. Its UNESCO-listed medieval monasteries and Ottoman heritage combine with the traditional hospitality of its people to entice travelers back to its charming cities and towns. Greatly improved roads and infrastructure, elegant cafés, sophisticated shops, and a forward-looking young population make Kosovo an inviting destination.
Why travel to Kosovo with MIR
Travelers frequently praise us for our inspired itineraries that delve into the distinctive art, architecture, and history of Kosovo, and for our unique opportunities to meet and converse with Kosovans. Although this brand-new Balkan country has been around only for a few years – it popped up in 2008 after declaring its independence from Serbia – this region has been populated since ancient Roman times. We’ve delighted in bringing travelers here for more than 25 years.
- Over 25 years of Balkans travel experience
- Twice named one of National Geographic Adventure’s “Best Adventure Travel Companies on Earth”
- Many individuals and groups have chosen MIR to guide them to Kosovo
- Personalized travel planning from start to finish
- On-the-ground support
- Guides and tour managers that clients rave about
- Quality you can trust