Roses and Roman Ruins
Bordered by five countries and the Black Sea, Bulgaria encompasses a diverse landscape and complex past. Ancient history whispers from deep within caves and among the ruins of Thracian, Roman, Byzantine, and Ottoman empires. In mountain villages and rural areas, traditional Bulgarian culture thrives, while modern hotels, hip cafes, and high-powered businesses rub shoulders with ancient ruins in the cosmopolitan cities. With nine different UNESCO World Heritage Sites, sweeping vistas, vibrant cities, sunny beaches, and rich cultural traditions, there is something for everyone in Bulgaria.
Why travel to Bulgaria with MIR
Travelers frequently praise us for our inspired itineraries that take them deeper into the culture and communities of the places we visit. Journey with us through colorful cities and quaint villages, over mountains and across lush forests to discover the heart of historic Bulgaria, a country that continues to surprise at every turn.
- 30 years of Bulgaria travel experience
- Twice named one of National Geographic Adventure’s “Best Adventure Travel Companies on Earth”
- MIR’s Bulgaria travel expertise recommended by Forbes.com
- Travel programs such as the Stanford University alumni have chosen MIR to guide them to Bulgaria
- Personalized travel planning from start to finish
- On-the-ground support
- Guides and tour managers that clients rave about
- Quality you can trust