Traveling privately on a custom program means flexibility
Custom and private travel is our specialty. We’ve been designing unforgettable custom trips to the region for decades. A majority of our clients travel on custom itineraries.
To get started planning an Oman itinerary, take a look at our researched and ready private journeys, Essential Oman, or read more about how to design your own trip. Also keep in mind that you can customize any of our small group tours to match your preferred dates of travel.
Below are just a few examples of the signature experiences that MIR can arrange for you in Oman. Get in touch with one of our Private Journey Specialists to craft an itinerary that’s uniquely suited to your travel goals, budget, and style.
- Meet with female entrepreneurs championing women’s empowerment at a sewing cooperative near the capital, Muscat
- Hike from village to village on the slopes of Jebel Akhdar in the remote and rugged Al Hajar Mountains
- Watch as sea turtles slowly emerge from the warm waters of the Arabian Sea to nest on pristine beaches at the Ras Al Jinz Reserve
- Learn about the history and current practices of building dhows at the shipyard in Sur
- Watch the sun set over spectacular dunes as you chat with a Bedouin family in the Wahiba Sands
- Explore a vibrant market, rich in handicrafts, spices, and textiles, just inland from the iconic Mutrah Corniche
- Wander through the frankincense-filled arid woodlands of the monsoonal Dhofar Mountains, near Salalah in the far south of Oman
- Learn about the history of the Nizwa Imamate and the Ya’rubid Dynasty while touring the castles and forts that dot the interior of Oman near the town of Nizwa
Whether you’re looking for a compact trip that hits the highlights or something more in-depth, MIR offers private itineraries that can be adapted to your choice of dates. Our itinerary, your dates – it’s a great option whether you’re traveling solo, as a couple, or in a small group.