With MIR, you can travel however you like:
- Privately, with your own personal agenda.
- Aboard a private train with travelers from around the world.
- With an escorted small group, with the highlights pre-screened by insiders.
Whether you’re a details person, or someone who likes to be surprised, it’s easy to get what you ask for at MIR.
Destination Experts at the Ready
Since 1986, we’ve been specializing in destinations that fewer people venture to, many of them considered obscure, remote, difficult or controversial. Whether your travel dreams involve unfamiliar and unconventional places from Tibet to Tashkent to Tehran – or anyplace in between – we strive to make them come true.
When we connect, our travel specialists will begin by finding out more about you:
- What fascinates you most – culture, monuments, art, nightlife?
- What region do you want to visit?
- When can you go? Who will you go with?
- What level of hotel do you prefer – rustic lodge or five star beauty?
Not Sure Which Type of Trip is Best For You?
No problem – we’ll provide suggestions and help you choose the best fit for you:
- A small group tour, joining up with fellow world travelers on expertly-guided explorations of each destination. You can search online by destination or use our Trip Finder to search by country, tour dates or experiences.
- A rail journey by private train, enjoying remote destinations in style and comfort along legendary routes, such as the Trans-Siberian and Silk Route.
- A private journey, handcrafted to suit your travel goals, budget and style. Get started by sending us your thoughts.
No matter how you start the trip planning process, we’re here to lead you through the preliminaries as you hone in on what your heart desires.
We treasure our collection of past travelers’ comments and accolades, and are happy to share them with you. See what they have to say about MIR’s services.
Email or call us at 1-800-424-7289 to plan your next trip today.
“MIR’s arrangements were excellent, and we were well-prepared for this adventure into a country with which we had no prior experience. The reading list was very good, accommodations were more than adequate, and the tour itself was most adventurous.“
– A. Cohen, Valley Forge, PA