Plot Your Own Path
Traveling privately on a custom itinerary means flexibility – flexibility to immerse yourself in your own exclusive experience, to craft an itinerary around your interests, and to travel when it’s right for you.
Want to go truffle hunting on the Istrian Peninsula? How about an exploration of the olive oils, honey, and naive art produced on a small island just off the coast? Need suggestions?
Below are just a few examples of the signature experiences that MIR can arrange for you in Croatia. Let them be a source of inspiration, then get in touch with one of our Private Journey Specialists to craft an itinerary uniquely suited to your travel goals, budget, and style.
- Board a boat for a private excursion to the oyster beds of Mali Ston Bay, cultivated here since Roman times, tasting these fresh-plucked oysters that are often called the world’s best.
- Enjoy a hands-on Croatian cooking class, browsing Split’s market for the freshest seasonal ingredients and spices, and using traditional methods to create an authentic Dalmatian Coast meal paired with local wines.
- Visit Peljesac’s Edivo Vina Winery, Croatia’s one-of-a-kind underwater winery, and view – even dive to – the watery wine cellar where this coveted Plavac Mali wine ages in upside-down bottles.
- Glide to beguiling Blue Cave on Bisevo Island, with its otherworldly luminous aquamarine hue that shimmers from the sea floor when sunlight bathes the cave.
- Take a private tour with the curator of Zagreb’s showcase Mimara Art Museum, delving into its history and vast art collections, including masterpieces by Raphael, Rembrandt, and Van Gogh.
Whether you’re looking for a compact trip that hits the highlights or something more in depth, MIR offers private itineraries that can be adapted to your choice of dates. Our itinerary, your dates – it’s a great option whether you’re traveling solo, as a couple, or in a small group.
Explore trips: Essential Balkans