Handcrafted, Private Tours to Croatia
You want to do things your way. We get it. MIR has been planning custom, private tours from scratch for over three decades, and we understand just how important flexibility is in travel.
Traveling privately on a custom private tour affords a great deal of flexibility – flexibility to immerse yourself in your own exclusive experience, to craft an itinerary around your interests, to go at your own pace, and to travel when it’s right for you.
How does it work? We’ll connect you with one of our Private Tour Designers so that you can share your vision and expectations with us.
We’ll ask you questions to better learn about your interests: Want to go truffle hunting on the Istrian Peninsula? How about an exploration of the olive oils, honey, and naive art produced on a small island just off the coast?
We’ll share our extensive experience in the region – and our suggestions. And then we’ll dig into it and custom-craft a private tour itinerary for your review. Give us a call at 800-424-7289 to get started, or click here to be on your way.
Below are just a few examples of the signature experiences that MIR can arrange for you in Croatia. Let them be a source of inspiration, then get in touch with one of our Private Tour Designers to craft an itinerary uniquely suited to your travel goals, budget, and style.
- Board a boat for a private excursion to the oyster beds of Mali Ston Bay, cultivated here since Roman times, tasting these fresh-plucked oysters that are often called the world’s best.
- Enjoy a hands-on Croatian cooking class, browsing Split’s market for the freshest seasonal ingredients and spices, and using traditional methods to create an authentic Dalmatian Coast meal paired with local wines.
- Visit Peljesac’s Edivo Vina Winery, Croatia’s one-of-a-kind underwater winery, and view – even dive to – the watery wine cellar where this coveted Plavac Mali wine ages in upside-down bottles.
- Glide to beguiling Blue Cave on Bisevo Island, with its otherworldly luminous aquamarine hue that shimmers from the sea floor when sunlight bathes the cave.
- Take a private tour with the curator of Zagreb’s showcase Mimara Art Museum, delving into its history and vast art collections, including masterpieces by Raphael, Rembrandt, and Van Gogh.
Suggested Private Tours
And if you don’t feel that a fully-customized trip is what you seek, we’ve got the perfect solution. Whether you’re looking for a compact trip that hits the highlights or something more in depth, MIR offers suggested private tours that can be adapted to your choice of dates. Our itinerary, your dates – it’s a great option whether you’re traveling solo, as a couple, or in a small group.
Explore suggested private tours: Essential Balkans
Need a bit more encouragement? Or want a better lay of the land? Read more about how to design your own trip.