Dramatic Scenery and Isolated Village Life
At the heart of the Silk Road in Central Asia, Tajikistan is an undervisited destination ripe for discovery. From the colorful bazaars of Dushanbe and Khujand, to the Zoroastrian ruins of Penjikent, to the stunning vistas on the “Roof of the World” in the Pamir Mountains, MIR can take you on countless adventures here. You’ll be far from the beaten path, yet welcomed like long-lost family.
Why travel to Tajikistan with MIR
We regularly garner raves from travelers for our inspired itineraries to Tajikistan. MIR’s destination experts know and love this secluded country of ancient cultures and towering mountain peaks. We’ll introduce you to the hospitable Tajiks and take you to beautiful locations where few tourists have tread.
- 30 years of Tajikistan travel experience
- Twice named one of National Geographic Adventure’s “Best Adventure Travel Companies on Earth”
- Travel programs from Harvard University and the Harvard Museum of Natural History have chosen MIR to guide them to Central Asia
- Personalized travel planning from start to finish
- On-the-ground support, including a MIR affiliate office in neighboring Uzbekistan
- Guides and tour managers that clients rave about
- Quality you can trust