Onion Domes, Imperial Palaces and an Enduring Culture
Western Russia’s domed Orthodox churches, world-renowned museums, high culture, and down-to-earth street life make up a whole that is at once well-bred and wild, huge and intimate, formal and free-wheeling. It is a fascinating hotbed of political intrigue and a fertile field of artists, poets, entrepreneurs, musicians, writers, scientists and humanitarians. Fall in love with gorgeous, expansive, soulful Russia.
Why travel to Western Russia with MIR
We regularly garner raves from our travelers for the inspired opportunities we provide to help them get to know the local people, distinctive art, architecture and accomplishments of the age-old country of Russia.
- 30 years of Western Russia travel experience
- Twice named one of National Geographic Adventure’s “Best Adventure Travel Companies on Earth”
- MIR affiliate offices in St. Petersburg, Moscow, Irkutsk and Ulan Ude
- Travel programs such as Princeton and the Harvard Museum of Natural History have chosen MIR to guide them to Russia
- On-the-ground support and quality you can trust
- Personalized travel planning from start to finish
- Guides and tour managers that clients rave about
- Quality you can trust